You are here
- Home >
02/2019 Our collaborative proposal with Dr. Ruike Zhao (PI) won the 2019 ENGIE Sustainable Energy Research Seed Grant.
01/2019 Two papers from our group were presented at AIAA Scitech 2019.
12/2018 Our undergraduate research assistant Kai Tan won the OSU undergraduate research scholarship, congratulations!
12/2018 Two papers from our group were presented at CDC 2018.
- 08/2018 Our undergraduate research assistant Zhiyi Jiang won the OSU undergraduate research scholarship, congratulations!
- 08/2018 Sean passed the MAE qualify exam, congratulations!
- 08/2018 Ran won the NASA Early Career Award (Link).
- 06/2018 Two papers from our group were presented at ACC 2018.
- 06/2018 Chuangchuang successfully defended his dissertation, "Rank-Constrained Optimization: Algorithms and Applications", and will join the Division of System Engineering at Boston University as a postdoctoral associate, Congratulations!
- 06/2018 Our project "Hybrid Autonomy for Rendezvous and Proximity Operations" with Barron Associates won the AFRL SBIR Phase II award.
- 05/2018 Ran gave two invited talks at Beijing Insitute of Technology.
- 05/2018 Ran presented our paper "Design, Modeling and Control of a Solar-Powered Quadcopter" in 2018 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation.
04/2018 Nathan successfully defended his master thesis, "Heuristic Optimization and Sensing Techniques for Mission Planning of Solar-Powered Unmanned Ground Vehicles", and will join Rockwell Collins as a Flight Control Engineer, Congratulations!
- 01/2018 Sean (Sixiong) You joined our group, Welcome!
- 01/2018 Charlie presented our paper "Design and Autonomous Control of a Solar-Powered Blimp" at 2018 SciTech.
- 12/2017 Chuangchuang presented our paper "A Customized ADMM for Rank-Constrained Optimization Problems with Approximate Formulations" at 2017 Control and Decision Conference.
- 11/2017 Yue Zu successfully defended his dissertation, "Distributed Optimization of Multi-Agent Systems: Framework, Local Optimizer, and Applications" and will join Norfolk Southern Corporation as an operation research analyst. Congratulations, Dr. Zu!
- 10/2017 Our project "Hybrid Autonomy for Rendezvous and Proximity Operations" with Barron Associates won the AFRL SBIR Phase I award.
- 09/2017 Nathan presented our paper "Mission Planning for A Multi-robot Team with A Solar-Powered Charging Station" in 2017 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS).
- 08/2017 The Autonomation and Optimization Laboratory moved to Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department at The Ohio State University.
- 07/2017 Yen-Chen successfully defended his master thesis, "Constrained Path Planning of Unmanned Vehicles", Congratulations!
- 05/2017 Chuangchuang presented our paper "A Decomposition Method for Nonconvex Quadratically Constrained Quadratic Programs" in 2017 American and Control Conference.
- 12/2016 Yue presented our paper "Convex Optimization for Energy-Efficient Traffic Control" in 2016 Control and Decision Conference.
- 11/2016 Nathan was named an Iowa Space Grant Consortium fellowship recipient, Congratulations!
- 10/2016 Nathan presented our paper "Motion Planning for Persistent Traveling Solar-Powered Unmanned Ground Vehicles" in 2016 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS).
- 08/2016 Charlie (Changhuang) Wan joined our group, welcome!
- 07/2016 Ran gave a talk at Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
- 06/2016 Ran gave a talk, "Rank-Constrained Optimization for Motion Planning of Autonomous Vehicles", at Space Vehicles Directorate, Kirkland Air Force Research Laboratory.
- 05/2016 Ran gave a talk in 2016 ICRA Long-term Autonomy Workshop Link
- 04/2016 Nathan and Yen-Chen won the First Place of master-student group in 2016 AIAA Region V Student Conference
- 03/2016 Ran gave an invited talk in 2016 Midwest Robotics Workshop
- 02/2016 Our journal paper "Time-Optimal Path Planning with Power Schedules for a Solar-Powered Ground Robot” was accepted by IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering.
- 02/2016 We are on the cover page of College of Engineering Research Highlights Link
- 01/2016 Adam joined Scientific Systems Company, Inc as a research engineer, Congratulations!
- 01/2016 Chuangchuang presented our paper, "Solving Polynomial Optimal Control Problems via Iterative Convex Optimization", in 2016 AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference.
- 12/2015 Chuangchuang presented our paper, "An Iterative Approach to Rank Minimization Problems", in 2015 Decision and Control Conference.
- 11/2015 Adam successfully defended his master thesis, "Path Planning and Energy Management of Solar-Powered Unmanned Ground Vehicles", Congratulations!
- 10/2015 Iowa State Daily and Ames Tribune reported our project of solar-powered robots.
- 06/2015 Chuangchuang presented our paper, "Identification of Network Topology via Quadratic Optimization", in 2015 American Control Conference.
- 05/2015 Adam presented our paper, "Integrated Path Planning and Power Management for Solar-Powered Unmanned Ground Vehicles", in 2015 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA). Our paper was selected as Finalist of Best Automation Paper.
- 05/2015 Ran joined Wright Paterson Airforce Base as a summer faculty fellow.